About Me

My name is Carissa, I am a friendly, outgoing lady who loves to laugh and loves to love. I am currently studying full time at Yavapai College working to complete my Associate of Business Degree as well as an Associates in Accounting. I love to work with numbers and I enjoy any challenge. I have worked in the food industry most of my life and I love to cook. I like to surround myself with fun, positive people who know how to keep things interesting!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Technology

   This was my first of several online classes this semester and I can say it is a lot different from an in class course.  The material is not always laid out in front of you, you have to be diligent and keep up on all aspects of it.  Time management is a very important skill to have while taking an online class.  There are not enough hours in the day as it is let alone when you have a lot of homework!
   I really enjoyed taking this course online as opposed to in a classroom.  I was more comfortable with my comments and blog submissions as opposed to speaking in the classroom or peer editing in the classroom.  I am rather shy and never have liked speaking aloud too much.
   I appreciated the fact that most of our reading material was provided for us and we did not have to pay for another expensive book for the course.  I also appreciated the blog we had to create to communicate with our classmates it sure was helpful!  I enjoyed learning all that I did about 'links' but most importantly I have to say that the blog was my favorite of all.  It kept us together as a 'class' and kept the communication flow open.  If I was to choose I would say that I could see myself creating a blog for fun in the future and now I will be able to!


Pics: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/computer-hardware-pictures.htm
Click here to read more about BLOGS!

3 comments:

  1. I took online Yavapai classes last year in high school, it was only one a semester. This semester I decided to take two online since I enjoyed them so much. Boy was that a challenge, the work load is the same if not more than in class, and it is all you, nobody to hold your hand through it. This was by far my favorite class this semester and it was because of the blog. I loved the comments and going through everyone's posts to see how they reacted to the course, it kept us together as a class. Good Post, and I hope you had a great semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Carissa,

    I have only taken online classes at Yavapai and will start some in person when I transfer to NAU. I think the blog was a great tool to use also and I know I'll keep blogging. Good luck with your future classes and maybe I'll see you online in another one :)

    Thanks,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carissa, I do agree with you. Having a online class you have to be able to basically set up your on time management. I felt like this online course was a little easy because the set day that everything was due. This is a great blog and you do it well, keep it up !

    ReplyDelete